Spinal Cord Injuries
P. (405) 553-1152 | F. (405) 239-7180
A Place For Healing.
The effects of a spinal cord injury can be devastating. The professionals at Valir Rehabilitation Hospital understand what it takes to restore an individual’s ability to live independently and we offer a comprehensive program to help patients attain this goal.
Helping hands make the difference.
The spinal cord injury program features an interdisciplinary team of specialists, including:
- Physicians (physical medicine and rehabilitation)
- Therapists (physical, occupational, speech, recreational and respiratory)
- Rehabilitation nurses
- Case managers
Valir’s spinal cord injury program emphasizes:
- Home and work evaluations conducted by a licensed therapist
- Wheelchair seating and positioning expertise
- Electrical stimulation and other modalities for muscular return and strengthening
- Community resources for the patient and family to manage the diagnosis and its effects
- Caregiver education to assist the family with their role in the patient’s treatment plan
Click here to download a brochure about our Spinal Cord Injury Program.