What to Expect
P. (405) 553-1333 | F. (405) 553-1340
Valir’s Wound Care and Hyperbarics Center will provide every patient with a specialized treatment plan, this specialized treatment plan will aid in healing your wound as quickly as possible. During your visit you will be evaluated, given more information about the treatment of your wound, and taught how to prevent new wounds from occurring in the future. In addition, tests may need to be performed in order to learn more about your wound.
What Will Happen During My First Visit?
- Clinical staff will examine you and ask you about your personal and family medical history so we can develop a plan of care just for you.
- Examine your wound.
- Remove dead tissue in or around the wound.
- Teach you how to care for your wound at home.
- Schedule further testing if needed.
What About Follow Up Visits?
Your personal plan will require regular visits to the Valir Wound Care and Hyperbarics Center. Each time you come to the center, we will check your wound to see how much progress has been made. We will remove dead tissue from your wound if needed. The Valir Wound Care and Hyperbarics staff will be happy to answer any questions you may have about your wound and next steps. With your permission, we may communicate with your primary doctor and update him/her on your condition.
What Can I Do to Help?
The most important thing you can do is stay committed to your treatment plan along with the following:
- Care for your wound at home as directed by your healthcare provider.
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Rest according to your healthcare provider’s instructions.
- Take medication as ordered.
- Stop smoking.
- Return for your follow up appointment.
Call Your Wound Care Doctor if You Notice:
- Increasing redness around the wound
- Warm or red skin
- A red streak spreading from the wound
- An increase in wound drainage
- Pus or cloudy fluid draining from the wound
- A foul odor or abnormal smell
- Fever or chills
- Increased pain
- Tenderness at or in the area of the infected bone
- Increased swelling around the wound
- The wound gets bigger
- The wound has blisters, black or brown dead tissue
- Increased weakness
- A wound that won’t heal
Health Insurance Tips:
- You may receive multiple bills for the services you received at the Valir Wound Care and Hyperbarics Center.
- You will receive a bill from Valir Rehabilitation Hospital.
- You will also receive a bill from the doctor(s) providing care to you.
- You may also receive separate bills from the laboratory testing, diagnostic services, and from doctors interpreting your test results.
How Do I Find Out if My Insurance Will Pay?
Most health insurance companies will pay for the care you receive at the Valir Wound Care and Hyperbarics Center. Because there are many different insurance plans, it is hard for us to know what your insurance will pay. Your plan may have specific coverage limits. You should call your insurance company with questions you have about your coverage.
Will Valir Wound Care and Hyperbarics Center File My Insurance For Me?
Yes, we will bill your insurance company based on the information that you supply when you register. If your insurance company changes at any time during your treatment it is your responsibility to inform us.